Audio and MIDI Interface for iPad
Connect your guitar, bass and MIDI instruments to your iPad or iPad 2 and GarageBand
Your iPad is already the most powerful portable recording studio ever. With StudioConnect, laying down multiple tracks with your real instruments is as easy as charging your iPad.
StudioConnect connects your guitar, bass, keyboard or any MIDI-capable instrument straight into your iPad so you can use Garageband and hundreds of other music and effects apps available through the App Store.
- Connect real instruments to your iPad with mono ¼″, stereo ⅛″ and MIDI inputs
- Monitor, mix and play back your music through stereo RCA output or headphones
- Use apps to add authentic tones, sound-on-sound looping, and overdubbing to your playing
- Plug in your MIDI keyboard, drum pad or controller and turn your iPad into an analog synthesizer, complete with sequencer and drum machine
- Case-compatible dock charges your iPad as you listen and record without removing it from the case
For MIDI Devices
For 1/4″ Mono Instruments
1/8″ (3.5 mm) headphone jack
- Line In: 1/8″ (3.5 mm) stereo mini jack (unbalanced), 1.5 V peak, approx 1 V rms
- Instrument Input: 1/4″ mono jack (unbalanced), 300 mV peak
- Gain: Adjustable from -12 to +35 dB
- MIDI In: 5 mA nominal
- Line Out: Dual RCA stereo (unbalanced), 1.5 V peak, approx 1 V rms
- Headphone Out: 1/8″ (3.5 mm) stereo mini jack, 100 mW into 16 ohms each channel, output level
- adjustable from -56 to +6 dB
- MIDI Out: 5 mA nominal
- In: 120 VAC to 240 VAC at 60 Hz (AC power source included)
- Out to iPad: 10 watts (5 VDC at 2.1 A); charging circuit includes overload/short circuit protection
Play your guitar with iPad
FEATURING: Ben - Griffin Sales Support
Ben shows you how to use your favorite acoustic or electric guitar to create music with your iPad using Garageband. Includes a step-by-step walk-through from plugging your instrument cable to recording multiple guitar tracks.
Play your bass with iPad
FEATURING: Curt - Consumer Support
Curt showcases StudioConnect by playing and recording bass guitar with iPad and Garageband. From connecting his bass to laying down a live track, bassists will learn the essentials to maximize the features of StudioConnect.
Play your MIDI piano, keyboard or controller with iPad and GarageBand
FEATURING: Jason - Consumer Support
Jason uses his MIDI-capable keyboard to record to GarageBand via StudioConnect's MIDI In connection. MIDI output is shown, so you turn your iPad into a MIDI controller via third-party apps in the AppStore.
Record vocals with iPad
FEATURING: Karen - Product Marketing
Karen sets up Garageband and records a vocal track. Once connected through StudioConnect's 1/4" mono in, the mic's analog signal is converted and sent to Garageband.
- “One of the coolest new pieces they were showing off at CES this year was their StudioConnect iPad dock that gives you a complete home studio, all in one compact, affordable package.” - MTV Geek
- “StudioConnect is the ultimate tracking, editing and overdubbing companion for GarageBand.” - First Post
- “The StudioConnect gives music lovers a chance to create their own professional sounding recordings at a very affordable price.” - Geek Alerts