Your music, streamed to your speakers.
Use your existing non-powered speakers for the ultimate in wireless playback from iTunes or your favorite AirPlay-enabled apps.
Griffin's Twenty audio amplifier lets you play audio from iTunes and AirPlay-enabled apps to an existing set of speakers using your Airport Express and Apple's AirPlay wireless protocol. The result is a solution that is an easy to setup streaming audio system powering your speakers via a low-profile, all-digital amplifier.
How does it work?
AirPlay works by streaming audio from your iTunes library or AirPlay-enabled apps directly to your Airport Express. Twenty takes the digital output of your Airport Express, amplifies the audio, and then sends the sound through your speakers.
- Class D Stereo Amplifier - TI PurePath™
- Input: S/PDIF optical, TOSLINK connector (included)
- Outputs: Spring-loaded right & left channel connectors; RCA subwoofer connector
- Sensitivity: -9.4 dBFS for 20 watts (Volume control set to max.)
- Power: 20 watts per channel into 8 ohms @0.08% THD, both channels driven
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20kHz +0 - 0.34 dB
- Signal-to-Noise ratio: 95 dB
- Crosstalk: -71 dB
- Left + Right sub-bass audio
- Autoswitching when powered subwoofer is detected
- Power: Line-level output (2V rms at 0 dBFS input)
- High-Pass Filter: 80 Hz 2nd order Linkwitz-Riley applied to L+R channels
- Low-Pass Filter: 80 Hz 2nd order Linkwitz-Riley applied to subwoofer output
- 100 - 240 VAC @ 50/60 Hz supplies both amp and power connection for Airport Express.
Twenty has easily enough power to run your bookshelf speakers and many of the larger floor-standing speakers as well (you can even use those old hi-fi speakers in the attic). A subwoofer output is also available for enhanced reproduction of low-frequency audio.
Using the included fiber optic cable to connect to Airport Express' optical output to the Twenty ensures the best possible audio quality for your music.
Adding a new piece of gear to your stereo system usually means spending time detangling cables and looking for a new power outlet in almost total darkness behind your furniture. With Twenty's integrated power outlet for your Airport Express, Twenty simplifies cable clutter around your speakers.
What can you do with the Twenty?
Purchasing movies and TV shows from iTunes? Watch them on your computer or iOS device while the audio plays through your stereo speakers. Give your headphones a break!
Play music from your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad that supports AirPlay, or your computer's iTunes library. (Use Apple's “Remote” app to control your iTunes library from anywhere in the house.)
Stream music from your favorite AirPlay-enabled apps … Pandora, Rdio, Spotify, Last.fm and more
Note: This is an audio amplifier, which means you'll need to bring-your-own speakers and bring-your-own Airport Express.
You can also use your existing powered subwoofer for maximum thump.